For the last 10 years, Go Comedy! Improv Theater has been offering summer improv camps for kids of all ages. Each camp is a week long and focuses on improv basics and performance games with an emphasis on listening, teamwork, and support. Whether your child is interested in the arts, a class clown, or just looking to share a laugh with new friends, this camp is for them! At camp’s end, the kids perform a show for family and friends. All camps take place at Go Comedy Improv Theater, in Ferndale, with experienced Go U instructors.
Please use the Pay Pal links at the bottom of the page to register!
- We offer elementary, middle school, and high school camps
- Elementary Camp (Grades 4-6) running June 24-28, 2019
- Middle School (Grades 7-9) running July 8-12, 2019
- High School (Grades 10-12) running July 15-19, 2019
- Class runs Monday-Friday from 9:00a.m.-3:30p.m. for Elementary & Middle Schoolers, and 12-4PM for High School.
- Cost for Elementary & Middle School camps is $275. For High School, it is $150.
- Each camp concludes with a performance on Friday at 3pm, which is free to friends & family (and yes – the bar is open!).
- All of our classes are held at Go Comedy Improv Theater, and taught by instructors with a background in children’s theater.
- For all of the camps, beverages and snacks will be provided every day. However, students should bring a lunch each day.
- Except on Friday – we’ll provide a pizza lunch!
Anna Imesch is a theater kid 100%. After starting musicals at age 14, then being introduced to improv in 2010 is when the obsession began. After graduating the Go U program in 2012, she commuted to Chicago and completed Second City’s conservatory program in 2015. She loves goats more than any human should and can reenact 86% of the musical Annie. She is so grateful to be a part of the Go Comedy Resident Cast and a teacher at Go. Catch her onstage at All-Star Showdowns, Pandamonia and playing with her troupes!
Annie Phillips began improvising in 2002 at The Second City Detroit. She trained there for two years before taking a hiatus for life (like college and children). She never forgot the joy she experienced doing improv, and finally returned in 2016. She graduated from Go U: The Improv Academy, and was cast in Pointless Brewery & Theatre’s Shadow League, This Is A Quiz. Annie teaches introductory improv classes at Pointless School of Improv, and has over ten years of experience teaching middle school and high school English. She can’t say enough about how important the improv community is to her, and she’s excited to share her passion with others!
Please choose the camp that works best for your child, and submit payment below. A member of Go Comedy’s staff will contact you via email to gather further information before the camp begins (so be sure to provide your best email when signing up). If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.