For the last 10 years, Go Comedy! Improv Theater has been offering summer improv camps for teens. Each camp is a week long and focuses on improv basics and performance games with an emphasis on listening, teamwork, and support. Whether your child is interested in the arts, a class clown, or just looking to share a laugh with new friends, this camp is for them! At camp’s end, the kids perform a show for family and friends. All camps take place at Go Comedy Improv Theater, in Ferndale, with experienced Go U instructors.
- As of 2020, we only offer high school aged summer camps, for students entering 10-12th grades
- Class runs Monday-Friday, July 13-17, 2020 from 12-4PM, and the cost is $165.
- Each camp concludes with a performance on Friday at 3pm, which is free to friends & family (and yes – the bar is open!).
- All of our classes are held at Go Comedy Improv Theater, and taught by instructors with a background in children’s theater.
- For all of the camps, beverages and snacks will be provided every day. However, students should bring a lunch each day.
- Except on Friday – we’ll provide a pizza lunch!
Ryan Westbrook is a graduate of the Go Comedy! and Planet Ant improv programs. He has been improvising for 6 years, with an additional 6 years of acting experience in plays and musicals, and 2 years of sketch comedy shows. Ryan started his journey with Go Comedy! by attending the Detroit Improv Festival in 2015. That led to classes, becoming part of the Resident Company, and many shows during and up to this day. He has also been in various independent long-form improv troupes that have performed across Michigan. You can currently see him regularly in the Go Comedy! shows All-Star Showdown, Pandemonia, and the Family Friendly Showdown. Ryan is delighted to be teaching and sharing the gift of improv.
To sign up for Summer 2020, use the following link. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.